Item Catalog Number: 01727
Benefits at a Glance:
- Highly absorbable nutrients for greater bone density
- Provides three different forms of calcium
- Includes the critical bone minerals magnesium, boron, zinc, manganese, and silicon
- Contains 1,000 IU vitamin D3 per serving
- Provides 200 mcg vitamin K2 as menaquinone-7
Healthy bone density requires calcium … the right kind
Other important minerals and nutrients are also crucial for bone health
Post-menopausal women commonly experience loss of bone mineral density, but men can also face this issue as they age.18 And both men and women may experience significant deficits of magnesium if they do not supplement. One of the body’s most important minerals, magnesium is needed to maintain strong bones and is critical to promoting a healthy vascular system.19,20 In fact, magnesium is essential for more than 300 different biochemical reactions in the body.21,22 Bone Restore with Vitamin K2 contains 300 mg of magnesium from magnesium oxide.
Scientific research has established the beneficial effects of the trace mineral boron on the strength of bones and joints.5,23-26 This formula contains patented FruiteX B® OsteoBoron®, a powerful form of boron made from a calcium/carbohydrate/boron complex similar to what is found in fruits and vegetables. FruiteX B® OsteoBoron® is more bioavailable than boron citrate, the nutrient used in most commercial bone building supplements.
An abundance of human clinical data reveals that vitamin K plays a critical role in maintaining healthy bone density by facilitating the transport of calcium from the bloodstream into the bone.27-31 Poor vitamin K status also results in increased circulating levels of undercarboxylated osteocalcin that is shown to be associated with increased bone loss in post-menopausal women.32,33
Vitamin K2, the menaquinones, is a family of related compounds found in meat, eggs, and dairy products and is also made by bacteria in the human gut, which provides some of the human vitamin K requirement.34 Human research has shown that vitamin K2 is more bioavailable than K1. In recent years, two forms of vitamin K2 have been extensively researched and the findings reveal vastly improved effects compared to K1. The MK-7 (menaquinone-7) form of K2 remains at a significantly higher level in the body 24 hours after being consumed and accumulates at greater levels (seven- to eight-fold) during prolonged intake.31
Adding Bone Restore with Vitamin K2 to your whole-body health regimen is a great way to get all of these critical, bone-health nutrients in a single, convenient formula.
Supplement FactsServing Size 4 capsules
Servings Per Container 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)||1000 IU|
|Vitamin K2 (as all-trans menaquinone-7)||200 mcg|
|Calcium (as DimaCal® dicalcium malate, TRAACS® calcium bisglycinate chelate, calcium fructoborate)||700 mg|
|Magnesium (as magnesium oxide)||300 mg|
|Zinc (as zinc amino acid chelate)||2 mg|
|Manganese (as manganese amino acid chelate)||1 mg|
|Silicon [from horsetail extract (herb)]||5 mg|
|Boron (calcium fructoborate as patented Fruitex B® OsteoBoron®)||3 mg|
|Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, maltodextrin, silica, corn starch.|
Fruitex B® and OsteoBoron® are registered trademarks of VDF Futureceuticals, Inc. U.S. patent #5,962,049.
DimaCal® and TRAACS® are registered trademarks of Albion Laboratories, Inc.
Malate is covered by U.S. Patent 6,706,904 and patents pending.
Dosage and Use
Take four (4) capsules daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Scientific studies suggest calcium supplementation in divided doses with food in the morning and evening may yield the best results.
Maintaining an optimal vitamin D blood level also helps maximize calcium absorption.
If you are taking anticoagulant or antiplatelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 1999 Oct;45(5):509-17.
- Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 1995 Sep;17(7):437-42.
- Scand J Gastroenterol. 2010;45(2):133-8.
- Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2006;46(8):621-8.
- Magnes Trace Elem. 1990;9(2):61-9.
- Curr Pharm Des.2003;9(32):2687-704.
- Ann Nutr Metab. 2002;46(6):249-53.
- J Int Med Res. 2007 Sep-Oct;35(5):692-5.
- J Nutr. 1994 Jul;124(7):1060-4.
- Magnes Res. 1993 Jun;6(2):155-63.
- J Reprod Med. 1990 May;35(5):503-7.
- J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010 Jun;95(6):2630-3.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 1995 Mar;61(3 Suppl):638S-45S.
- PDR for Nutritional Supplements, 1st ed. Montvale, NJ: Medical Economics Co.; 2001:288-95.
- Ann Nutr Metab. 2009;54(3):218-26.
- Toxic Sci. 2006 Jul;92(1):286-94.
- Clin Chem Lab Med. 2013 Aug;51(8):1555-61.
- Osteoporos Int. 2009 Jul;20(7):1175-82.
- Congest Heart Fail. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):9-13.
- Br J Sports Med. 2006 Sep;40(9): 773-8.
- Front Biosci. 2004 May 1;9:1278-93.
- South Med J. 2001 Dec;94(12):1195-201.
- Environ Health Perspect. 1994 Nov;102 Suppl 7:83-5.
- Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2003;43(2):219-31.
- Prog Food Nutr Sci. 1993 Oct-Dec;17(4):331-49.
- Nutr Rev. 2008 Apr;66(4):183-91.
- J Bone Miner Metab. 2001;19(3):146-9.
- Osteoporos Int. 2007 Jul;18(7):963-72.
- J Bone Miner Res. 2007 Apr;22(4):509-19.
- Natural Vitamin K2 as Menaquinone-7. Monograph April 2006
- Blood. 2007 Apr 15;109(8):3279-83.
- Vitam Horm. 2008;78:393-416.
- Curr Drug Saf. 2006 Jan;1(1):87-97.
- Prog Food Nutr Sci. 1992 Oct-Dec;16(4):307-43.