Neuro-Mag® Magnesium L-Threonate
90 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 01603
Neuro-Mag® Magnesium L-Threonate
supports healthy memory and cognition by optimizing magnesium levels in the brain. Magnesium is essential for over 300 different biochemical reactions in the body — from cardiovascular and bone health support to energy metabolism, mood, and most especially cognitive function. Unfortunately, it’s hard to maintain optimal levels of magnesium in the brain. And that’s a problem since magnesium deficiency increases with normal aging. But because of its superior absorption into the bloodstream and nervous system, Neuro-Mag® provides the ideal form of magnesium for enhanced memory and cognitive function.
Benefits at a Glance
- Supports healthy memory and cognitive function
- Optimizes magnesium in the brain
- Maintains the quantity and quality of synaptic connections between brain cells
- Supports important brain cell signaling pathways essential to cognitive health
Supports Healthy Memory and Cognition
Magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions1 and 600 enzymatic reactions2 in the body. In addition to support for cardiovascular3-10 and bone health,11-14 energy metabolism,15-17 glucose metabolism,18-22 mood,23-26 sleep,27-29 and vitamin D status,30-32 researchers are now focusing intensely on magnesium’s benefits for cognitive function.33-38
Magnesium L-threonate is a unique form of magnesium that is delivered into the brain where it maintains the quantity of synaptic connections between brain cells33,34 and supports important brain cell signaling pathways essential to cognitive health. One of the key benefits of increased brain magnesium levels is improved memory.33-38 In compelling animal models, the magnesium L-threonate contained in Neuro-Mag® improved short-term memory by 18% and long-term memory by 100%.33
Optimizes Magnesium in the Brain
Worldwide, nearly two thirds of the population lack the recommended amount of magnesium in their diet,39 whereas in the US it is closer to half the population.40 Older populations are also at a higher risk of magnesium deficiency.28,29,41-44 Don’t be one of them! Unfortunately, it’s even harder for your body to maintain optimal levels of magnesium in the brain.33 This problem is of special concern for maturing individuals, as magnesium deficiency increases over time.45
Most commercially available magnesium supplements are not readily absorbed into the nervous system. To overcome this obstacle, supplement with this innovative form of magnesium, shown to specifically target the aging brain and nervous system. In pre-clinical models, the magnesium L-threonate contained in Neuro-Mag® boosted magnesium levels in spinal fluid by an impressive 15% compared to no increase with conventional magnesium.33
Support your memory with just three capsules a day
Try Neuro-Mag® Magnesium L-Threonate in a bottle of 90 vegetarian capsules for a one-month supply. The suggested daily dose of three capsules provides 2,000 mg of magnesium L-threonate. While this supplies a modest 144 mg of elemental magnesium, its superior absorption into the bloodstream and nervous system makes it the preferred form of magnesium for enhanced memory and cognitive function.
Serving Size 3 vegetarian capsules
Servings Per Container 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|Magnesium (from 2000 mg Magtein™ magnesium L-threonate)
|Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, silica, vegetable stearate.
Magtein™ is a registered trademark of Magceutics, Inc. and is distributed exclusively by AIDP, Inc. Magtein™ is covered by registered and pending U.S. Patents.
Dosage and Use
Take three (3) capsules daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Magnesium L-Threonate has less of a laxative effect than other forms of magnesium.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Austin J Nutr Food Sci. 2014 Nov 18;2(10)
- Physiol Rev. 2015 Jan;95(1):1-46.
- Br J Sports Med.2006 Sep;40(9):773-8.
- Congest Heart Fail.2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):9-13.
- Clin Calcium. 2012 Aug;22(8):1227-34.
- Clin Calcium. 2012 Aug;22(8):1217-26.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Sep;100(3):756-64.
- Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2014 Nov;17(6):525-30.
- J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2014 Aug;16(8):581-6.
- Ann Pharmacother.2002 Feb;36(2):255-60.
- J Bone Miner Res.1998 Apr;13(4):749-58.
- Curr Osteoporos Rep. 2009 Dec;7(4):111-7.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Apr;99(4):926-33.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2015 Jul 1. pii: ajcn102723. [Epub ahead of print]
- Clinica Chimica Acta.2000;294:1-26.
- Magnes Res. 2011 Dec;24(4):215-9.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Sep;100(3):974-81.
- Diabetes Care. 2014 Feb;37(2):419-27
- Diabetes Obes Metab. 2015 May 13. doi: 10.1111/dom.12492. [Epub ahead of print]
- Diabet Med. 2013 Dec;30(12):1487-94.
- PLoS One. 2013;8(2):e56750.
- Cir Cir. 2014 May-Jun;82(3):282-9.
- Pharmacol Rep.2008 Sept-Oct;60(5):588-9.
- J Neural Transm. 2007 Sep;114(9):1129-34.
- Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2009 Mar 17;33(2):235-42.
- Adv Gerontol. 2012;25(3):427-32.
- J Res Med Sci. Dec 2012; 17(12): 1161-1169.
- J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011 Jan;59(1):82-90
- Magnes Res. 2010 Dec;23(4):158-68. doi
- Eur J Epidemiol. 2015 Apr;30(4):343-7.
- BMC Med. 2013 Aug 27;11:187.
- Can Geriatr J. 2012 Sep;15(3):80-4.
- Neuron.2010 Jan 28;65(2):165-77.
- Mol Brain. 2014 Sep 13;7:65.
- Pain Physician. 2013 Sep-Oct;16(5):E563-75.
- Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2014 Oct;18(10):1121-30. doi
- Behav Pharmacol. 2013 Aug;24(4):255-63.
- J Neurosci. 2013 May 8;33(19):8423-41.
- Metallomics. 2013 Sep;5(9):1170-83.
- Nutr Rev. 2012 Mar;70(3):153-64
- Geriatric Nephrology and Urology 1994, 4(2), 101-111.
- Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2005;14(3):263-9.
- Salud Publica Mex. 2013 May-Jun;55(3):275-84.
- Nutr Hosp. 2014 Mar 1;29(3):658-64.
- Magnes Res. 1998 Mar;11(1):25-42.