Your price: 13.46 € (-25.00%) Add to cart
Support your body’s natural immune defenses
- Supports body’s natural immune defenses
- Is an essential component of superoxide dismutase, one of body’s most powerful natural antioxidants
- Stimulates the activity of about 300 enzymes
- Is an integral component of vital hormones and supports protein and DNA synthesis, insulin production, as well as thyroid and bone metabolism
- Supports cardiovascular and neurological health, and helps maintain vision in the elderly
Your price: 7.64 € (-25.00%)
Quantity: 1 2 -3 4 + Unit price after discount: 7.64 € 7.25 € 6.87 €
50 mg, 90 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 01813
Zinc supports your body’s natural immune defenses. Research demonstrates that zinc deficiency is widespread, especially in the elderly.1-4 This deficiency may contribute to aging-related decline in immune function—or immunosenescence.1,3
Scientists found that zinc supplementation offers an effective way to support aging immune systems, as well as healthy inflammatory and antioxidant responses.1,4-6
A longstanding problem is that zinc absorption can be limited1 and certain molecules in plant sources and grains can further inhibit absorption.7
Life Extension® has developed a low-cost formulation combining the well-established, enhanced bioavailability of OptiZinc® with zinc citrate to provide a potent 50 milligram dose of zinc in a single capsule.
Beyond immune support, zinc plays other crucial roles. It is an essential component of superoxide dismutase, one of your body’s most powerful natural antioxidants.8 Zinc stimulates the activity of about 300 enzymes that promote biochemical reactions in your body.9 This key mineral is also an integral component of vital hormones and supports protein and DNA synthesis, insulin production, as well as thyroid and bone metabolism.7,8-11 Zinc supports cardiovascular and neurological health, and helps maintain vision in the elderly.8,9,12
Age-related immune decline is partly due to the decreasing size and function of the thymus gland. Evidence suggests that zinc may help maintain healthy function of the thymus gland in elderly people.1
OptiZinc® is a superior bioavailable form of zinc.13 It is assimilated more easily than ordinary zinc because it is comprised of one of the most absorbable forms of zinc — zinc methionate (methionine).14 Published studies show that it results in higher blood levels compared to other forms of zinc.14
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving|
|Zinc (as OptiZinc® zinc monomethionine, zinc citrate)||50 mg|
|Other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, silica.|
OptiZinc® is a registered trademark of InterHealth Nutritionals, Inc.
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Supplemental zinc can inhibit the absorption and availability of copper. If more than 50 mg of supplemental zinc is taken daily on a chronic basis, 2 mg of supplemental copper should also be taken to prevent copper deficiency. Chronic ingestion of more than 100 mg of zinc daily may be immunosuppressive for some aspects of T-cell and NK cell function.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Immun Ageing. 2009 Jun 12;6:9.
- Exp Gerontol. 2008 May;43(5):452-61.
- Nutr Rev. 2010 Jan;68(1):30-7.
- Biogerontology. 2006 Oct-Dec;7(5-6):429-35.
- Rejuvenation Res. 2008 Feb;11(1):227-37.
- Exp Gerontol. 2008 May;43(5):370-7.
- Available at: http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/ Zinc-HealthProfessional/.
- Clin Interv Aging. 2013;8:741-8.
- Br J Nutr. 2006 Oct;96(4):752-60.
- Biofactors. 2006;27(1-4):231-44.
- Pak J Biol Sci. 2009 Jan 15;12(2):134-9.
- J Nutr. 2005 Sep;135(9):2114-8.
- J Anim Sci. 1992 Jan;70(1):178-87.
- J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2010 Apr;24(2):89-94.
There are no reviews yet.
You may also like…
Retail price: 62.76 €
Your price: 47.07 € (-25.00%) Add to cart
Retail price: 24.02 €
Your price: 18.02 € (-25.00%) Read more
Retail price: 14.10 €
Your price: 10.58 € (-25.00%) Add to cart
Retail price: 37.75 €
Your price: 28.31 € (-25.00%) Add to cart