Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans & Olive Extract
Item Catalog Number: 01982
As part of our OMEGA FOUNDATIONS® line, Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans & Olive Extract features a pure, fresh fish oil made from sustainably harvested Alaska Pollock and that has earned the International Fish Oil Standards’ (IFOS™) highest 5-star rating. Inspired by the heart-healthy Mediterranean diet, this superior formula also contains olive extract, sesame lignans, and natural lemon flavor, making it the most comprehensive omega-3 supplement for heart and cognitive health support on the market.
Benefits at a glance:
- Powerful cardiovascular and cognitive health support
- Good source of Omega-3s and beneficial polyphenols
- Made with fresh, IFOS™ 5-star certified fish oil
- Contains Mediterranean diet-inspired olive fruit extract
- Sesame lignans increase stability of omega-3 nutrients
- Natural lemon flavor improves taste and palatability
Choose the most comprehensive fish oil supplement available
The omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil are essential elements of a healthy diet. But the typical Western diet, which contains high amounts of omega-6 fats, is usually insufficient in beneficial omega-3s like eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).1 Therefore, supplementing with healthy omega-3s is a great way to support heart health and more.
Pure, fresh, sustainable, and made in the USA
There are many fish oil supplements out there … but very few utilize a sustainably harvested fish oil made from cold-water Alaska Pollock that is both caught and processed in the United States within hours of harvest for exceptional freshness. The fish oil in our Super Omega-3 formula has earned the International Fish Oil Standards’ (IFOS™) highest 5-star rating, and comes from a Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified-sustainable fishery. Which means it actually exceeds industry standards. Do you know where your fish oil comes from?
Olive Oil and Omega-3s — staples of the Mediterranean diet
Other studies support omega-3’s importance in cardiovascular health,11-13and an abundance of scientific research substantiates the wide-ranging health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil and the monounsaturated fatty acids and polyphenols in olive fruit.14-22
Super Omega-3 provides a standardized olive fruit extract packed with the polyphenol hydroxytyrosol, a powerful antioxidant that protects normal LDL from oxidation and counters free radicals.23-27
Plus, research shows that a combination of olive oil and fish oil supplements promotes a healthy inflammatory response better than a placebo or fish oil alone.28
Each serving (2 softgels) provides a similar olive polyphenol level as over 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. This assumes 318 mg/kg of olive polyphenol in extra-virgin olive oil as reported for Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Please note other components in olive oil include monounsaturated fat, tocopherols, and phytosterols. Ingestion of olive oil may provide additional benefits beyond olive polyphenols.
Sesame lignans preserve fish oil’s purity and potency
No other fish oil supplement contains this level of pure, potent, and sustainably sourced omega-3 fatty acids, sesame lignans, or heart-healthy olive fruit polyphenols. With a natural lemon flavor added to improve taste and palatability, Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans & Olive Extract is the most comprehensive omega-3 supplement you can buy!
Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Serving Size 2 softgels
Servings Per Container 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Cholesterol||< 5 mg|
|Pure+™ Wild Fish Oil Concentrate||2000 mg|
|EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)||700 mg|
|DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)||500 mg|
|Typical DPA (docosapentaenoic acid)||50 mg|
|Polyphen-Oil™ Olive extract (fruit and leaf) [providing 19.5 mg polyphenols, 5.2 mg hydroxytyrosol/tyrosol, 4.4 mg verbascoside/oleuropein]||300 mg|
|Sesame seed lignan extract||10 mg|
|Other ingredients: highly refined fish oil concentrate (Alaska Pollock), gelatin, glycerin, purified water, silica, natural flavor, caramel color, sunflower lecithin, mixed tocopherols, maltodextrin, rosemary extract.|
IFOS™ certification mark is a registered trademark of Nutrasource Diagnostics, Inc. These products have been tested to the quality and purity standards of the IFOS™ program conducted at Nutrasource Diagnostics, Inc.
Dosage and Use
Take two (2) softgels twice daily with meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Biomed Pharmacother. 2002 Oct;56(8):365-79.
- JAMA. 2004 Sep 22;292(12):1440-6.
- Int J Epidemiol. 1997 Feb;26(1):155-9.
- Br J Nutr. 2012 Aug;108(4):699-709.
- N Engl J Med. 2003 Jun 26;348(26):2599-608.
- Br J Nutr. 2000 Dec;84 Suppl 2:S205-9.
- Clin Interv Aging. 2008;3(1):97-109.
- JAMA. 2004 Sep 22;292(12):1433-9.
- Rejuvenation Res. 2012 Apr;15(2):184-8.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Apr;71(4):987-92.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Jun;87(6):1991S-6S.
- Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2008 Dec;10(6):503-9.
- J Nutr. 2010 May;140(5):1023-8.
- Am J Prev Med. 2005 Nov;29(4):335-46.
- J Am Diet Assoc. 2005 Mar;105(3):428-40.
- Mini Rev Med Chem. 2004 Oct;4(8):859-71.
- Nurs Stand. 2004 Aug 11-17;18(48):38-42.
- Cleve Clin J Med. 2004 Mar;71(3):208-10, 212, 215-8 passim.
- J Am Diet Assoc. 2005 Jul;105(7):1080-6.
- Int J Mol Sci. 2010 Feb 2;11(2):458-79.
- Arch Intern Med. 2000 Mar 27;160(6):837-42.
- Public Health Nutr. 2006 Dec;9(8A):1136-40.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2007 Sep 5;55(18):7609-14.
- Lipids. 2001 Nov;36(11):1195-202.
- Eur J Cancer. 2000 Jun;36(10):1235-47.
- Eur J Nutr. 2007 Mar;46(2):70-8.
- Anal Chim Acta. 2007 Feb 5;583(2):402-10.
- Nutrition. 2005 Feb;21(2):131-6.
- Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13(9):4555-9.
- Metabolism. 2006 Mar;55(3):381-90.
- Biochem Biophys Acta. 2004 Jun 1;1682(1-3):80-91.