Item Catalog Number: 01988
Researchers have long known the benefits of the omega-3 fatty acids found in the Mediterranean diet, but now a new branch of research is showing surprising results: omega-3 fatty acids from different sources have complementary benefits throughout the body. As part of our OMEGA FOUNDATIONS® line, Super Omega-3 Plus EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans, Olive Extract, Krill & Astaxanthin provides omega-3 fatty acids from krill oil and fish oil, which together have been shown to provide enhanced support for your cardiovascular system and your brain.
Benefits at a Glance
- Provides two complementary sources of omega-3 fatty acids
- Krill oil and fish oil have been shown to support cardiovascular health and the brain
- Unique formula provides antioxidant support
- Sesame lignans guard against lipid peroxidation, thus extending stability of DHA in the body
- Omega-3 fatty acids are necessary to help counter excessive omega-6 fatty acid consumption
Made with fish oil so pure, it exceeds international standards.
This formula has been fortified with additional astaxanthin, which is naturally found in krill oil. Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant carotenoid that has been shown to control free radical activity and boost mitochondrial function.4 A large body of research suggests that astaxanthin helps support joint, DNA,5,6 brain,7,8 cardiovascular,9,10 immune,11,12 and mitochondrial health.13-16 It also supports healthy blood glucose levels for those already in the normal range,17-19 and protects sensitive cells in the eye.20-23
Additionally, this formula has been enhanced with a standardized olive fruit polyphenol extract. Research shows that polyphenol extracts from olive fruit help protect normal LDL cholesterol from oxidation.24-28 Each serving (2 softgels) provides a similar olive polyphenol level as over 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. This assumes 318 mg/kg of olive polyphenol in extra-virgin olive oil as reported for Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Please note other components in olive oil include monounsaturated fat, tocopherols, and phytosterols. Ingestion of olive oil may provide additional benefits beyond olive polyphenols. The combination of olive oil and fish oil is more effective with inflammation than either placebo or fish oil alone.29
Finally, the addition of sesame lignans supports the omega-3 fatty acids by making them more stable.30,31 Sesame lignans have been shown to guard against lipid peroxidation in omega-3 fatty acids, thus protecting the DHA in the body.
With a natural lemon flavor added to improve taste and palatability, this formula provides both fish oil and krill oil together to maximize your omega-3 benefits and powerfully boost your health. Add it to your regimen today!
Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Ratings based on results of the 2018 ConsumerLab.com Survey of Supplement Users.
Supplement FactsServing Size 2 softgels
Servings Per Container 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Cholesterol||< 5 mg|
|Pure+™ Wild Fish Oil and Antarctic Krill (Euphausia superba) Oil Concentrates||2350 mg|
|EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)||750 mg|
|DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)||510 mg|
|Typical DPA (docosapentaenoic acid)||50 mg|
|Polyphen-Oil™ Olive extract (fruit and leaf) [providing 45 mg polyphenols, 11.25 mg verbascoside/oleuropein, 7.5 mg hydroxytyrosol]||200 mg|
|Sesame seed lignan extract||5 mg|
|Natural Astaxanthin (from CO2 extract of Haematococcus pluvialis algae)||2 mg|
|Other ingredients: highly refined fish oil concentrate (Alaska Pollock), gelatin, glycerin, beeswax, purified water, silica, natural flavor, extra virgin olive oil, caramel color, maltodextrin, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract.|
Contains crustacean shellfish (krill).
Dosage and Use
Take two (2) softgels twice daily with meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Minerva Pediatr. 2008 Apr;60(2):219-33.
- Lipids Health Dis. 2013 Dec 5;12:178.
- J Lipid Res. 1999 Oct;40(10):1867-74.4. J Nutr Biochem. 2010 May;21(5):381-9.
- J Nutr Biochem. 2010 May;21(5):381-9.
- J Photochem Photobiol B. 2007 Jul 27;88(1):1-10.
- J Photochem Photobiol B. 2006 Dec 1;85(3):205-15.
- BMC Neurosci. 2012 Dec 29;13(1):156.
- FASEB J. 2009 Jun;23(6):1958-68.
- Arzneimittelforschung. 2011;61(4):239-46.
- Nutr Res. 2011 Oct;31(10):784-9.
- Nutr Metab (Lond). 2010;7:18.
- Chem Biol Interact. 2011 Aug 15;193(1):79-87.
- Available at: http://www.beta-glucan-info.com/astaxanthin.htm Accessed April 22, 2015.
- Available at: http://www.chiro.org/nutrition/FULL/Antioxidants_Relative_Singlet_Oxygen_Quenching_Rates.html. Accessed April 22, 2015.
- Biol Pharm Bull. 2011;34(6):839-44.
- Food Chem Toxicol. 2011 Jan;49(1):271-80.
- Biofactors. 2004;20(1):49-59.
- Redox Rep. 2002;7(5):290-3.
- Med Hypotheses. 2011 Oct;77(4):550-6.
- Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. 2001;1512 :251-8.
- Mol Vis. 2013 Jul 25;19:1656-66.
- Mar Drugs. 2013 Mar 21;11(3):960-74.
- J Pharm Pharmacol. 2008 Oct;60(10):1365-74.
- Anal Chim Acta. 2007 Feb 5;583(2):402-10.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2007 Sep 5;55(18):7609-14.
- Lipids. 2001 Nov;36(11):1195-202.
- Eur J Cancer. 2000 Jun;36(10):1235-47
- Eur J Nutr. 2007 Mar;46(2):70-8.
- Nutrition. 2005 Feb;21(2):131-6.
- Metabolism. 2006 Mar;55(3):381-90.
- Biochem Biophys Acta. 2004 Jun 1;1682 (1-3):80-91.