500 mg, 60 liquid vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 01859
Trimethylglycine (TMG) is also called glycine betaine, but the name trimethylglycine signifies that it has three methyl groups attached to each molecule of glycine. TMG was discovered to be beneficial to heart health back in the 1950s.1-5 TMG operates along a pathway similar to that of vitamin B12. It is a “methyl donor,” providing extra methyl groups to hasten the conversion of homocysteine back to methionine.6 When a TMG methyl group is donated to a molecule of homocysteine, it converts to the non-toxic amino acid, methionine.7,8 Research showing TMG’s ability to promote healthy levels of homocysteine, alone or in conjunction with other nutrients, confirms its status as an important nutrient for cardiovascular health.9-17 For example, in a recent cross-sectional survey study, participants who consumed >360 mg/d of TMG had, on average, 10% lower concentrations of homocysteine and 19% lower concentrations of C-reactive protein than those participants who consumed <260 mg/d.18
Serving Size 2 vegetarian liquid capsules
Servings Per Container 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|Trimethylglycine (TMG) (as betaine anhydrous)||1000 mg|
|Other ingredients: glycerin, vegetable cellulose (capsule), purified water.|
Dosage and Use
Take two (2) capsules in the morning with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
TMG should be taken with co-factors B6, B12, and folic acid.
If muscle tension or headaches occur, reduce the dose or discontinue product, and inform your physician if they do not subside.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Ann West Med Surg. 1951;5:825-9.
- Ann West Med Surg. 1951;5:830-55.
- Ann West Med Surg. 1951;5:856-62.
- JAMA. 1951;145:1232-6.
- Am J Dig Dis. 1952;19:381-4.
- Mol Genet Metab. 2006 Jul;88(3):201-7.
- Biochemistry. 1999 Oct 19;38(42):13991-8.
- Curr Drug Metab. 2005 Feb;6(1):15-22.
- J Nutr. 2003 Dec;133(12):4135-8.
- J Nutr. 2003 May;133(5):1291-5.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2002 Nov;76(5):961-7.
- Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2002 Aug;54(2):140-6.
- Kidney Int. 2002 Mar;61(3):1040-6.
- An Esp Pediatr. 1993 Jul;39(1):37-41.
- Metabolism. 1985 Dec;34(12):1115-21.
- N Engl J Med. 1983 Aug 25;309(8):448-53.
- J Nutr. 2006 Jan;136(1):34-8.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Feb;87(2):424-30.