Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract with Resveratrol
60 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 01469
Scientists have identified specific extracts from cruciferous vegetables — such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and Brussels sprouts — that help maintain healthy hormone levels.1-11
Maintaining optimal hormone balance is essential to any anti-aging strategy. Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract
combines some of these botanical extracts into the most comprehensive food-based, plant compilation for cell protection yet.
I3C (Indole-3-carbinol) and DIM (Di-indolyl-methane) favorably modulate estrogen metabolism and induce liver detoxification enzymes to help neutralize potentially harmful estrogen metabolites and xenoestrogens (estrogen-like environmental chemicals).12-16
Extracts of broccoli, watercress, and rosemary provide glucosinolates, isothiocyanates, carnosic acid, and carnosol — bioactive compounds that have a multitude of favorable effects on estrogen metabolism and cell division.17-20 Apigenin, a powerful plant flavonoid, is also added to the formula to boost cell protection,21 while cabbage extract, a natural source of benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC), is included to maintain cell health.8,22
Life Extension has combined its cruciferous vegetable complex with trans-resveratrol based on indications from a published scientific literature that resveratrol may be the most effective compound for maintaining optimal health and promoting longevity.23 The whole grape extract contains a spectrum of polyphenols naturally found in red wine, such as proanthocyanidins, anthocyanins, and flavonoids.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving
|Broccoli super concentrate extract (seed and plant) [providing glucosinolates]
|Watercress 4:1 extract (whole herb)
|Rosemary extract (leaf) [std. to 20% diterpenic compounds, providing carnosic acid/carnosol]
|Cat's claw extract (bark)
|Cabbage extract (leaf)
|Trans-resveratrol [from Japanese knotweed (root) and grape (fruit) extracts]
|Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), maltodextrin, vegetable stearate, silica.
Non-GMODosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule daily for individuals weighing up to 160 pounds, with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Those weighing over 160 pounds, take two (2) capsules daily.Caution
Do not take if pregnant or lactating.Warnings
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- J Nutr. 2008 Dec;138(12):2379-85.
- J Cell Physiol. 2009 Apr;219(1):94-9.
- J Nutr Biochem. 2009 Mar;20(3):195-201.
- Eur J Cancer Prev. 2007 Dec;16(6):505-10.
- Int J Oncol. 2008 Aug;33(2):415-9.
- Chem Res Toxicol. 2012 Jan 13;25(1):61-73.
- Ann Oncol. 2012 Aug;23(8):2198-203.
- PLoS One. 2012;7(2):e32267.
- Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012 Nov 5;363(1-2):74-84.
- Breast. 2012 Aug 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Biopharm Drug Dispos. 2012 Nov 8. doi: 10.1002/bdd.1826. [Epub ahead of print]
- Biochem Pharm. 2002, 64;393-404.
- Toxicol Appl Pharm. 2001 Jul 15;174(2):146-52.
- In Vivo. 2006 Mar-Apr;20(2):221-8.
- Cancer Detect Prevent. 2004;28:72-9.
- Mol Carcinog. 2012 Mar;51(3):244-56.
- Carcinogenesis. 2002 Apr;23(4):581-6.
- Mol Cancer Ther. 2003 Oct;2(10):1045-52.
- Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2012;76(1):115-9.
- J Complement Integr Med. 2012 Jul 2;9(1):Article13.doi:10.1515/1553-3840.1611.
- J Clin Biochem Nutr.2009 May;44(3):260-5.
- Food Chem Toxicol. 2008 Jul;46(7):2358-64.
- ClinIntervAging. 2008;3(2):331-9.