Manufacturer: Life Extension
Selenium is an important antioxidant
- An essential cofactor of glutathione peroxidase
- High doses of vitamin C (over one gram) may enhance the absorption of selenium
- Is best taken in conjunction with antioxidant supplements, such as vitamins C or E
- Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine is an organoselenium compound and also more bioabsorbable than other forms
In stock Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 11 loyalty points. Your cart will total 11 points that can be converted into a voucher of 0,55 €.
|2||11,30 €||Up to 0,94 €|
|4||11,07 €||Up to 2,83 €|
200 mcg, 90 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 01879
Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine (SeMC) is a naturally occurring seleno-amino acid that is synthesized by plants such as garlic and broccoli.9-12 SeMC is an organoselenium compound and also more bioabsorbable than other forms. Unlike selenomethionine which is indiscriminately incorporated into proteins in place of methionine, SeMC is selectively incorporated into seleno-containing enzymes, i.e. selenoproteins, such as glutathione peroxidase.13
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving|
|Selenium (as Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine)||200 mcg|
|Other ingredients: rice flour, vegetable cellulose (capsule), ascorbyl palmitate, silica.|
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule daily, with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Cell Biochem Biophys. 2010 Sep;58(1):1-23.
- Annu Rev Nutr. 1999;19:1-16.
- J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003 Jan 15;95(2):98-100.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2004 Jul;80(1):154-62.
- Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 Mar 13. [Epub ahead of print]
- Am J Clin Nutr. 1989 May;49(5):862-9.
- Biol Trace Elem Res. 1990 Feb;24(2):109-17.
- Cancer Res. 2003 Oct 15;63(20):6988-95.
- Mutat Res. 2004 Jul 13;551(1-2):181-97.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2001 May;49(5):2679-83.
- J Am Coll Nutr. 2002 Jun;21(3):223-32.
- Adv Exp Med Biol. 1996;401:179-87.
- J Nutr. 1998 Nov;128(11):1845-54.
Reviews (not verified)
Customers who bought this product also bought:
21 other products in the same category:
Iodix 12.5 mg
Iodoral ® 12,5 mg 180 tbl.
Iodoral ® 12,5 mg 90 tbl.
Iodoral ® 50 mg 90 tbl.
Iodoral ® 50 mg, 30 tbl.
Super Selenium Complex
Neuro-Mag® Magnesium L-Threonate
Enhanced Zinc Lozenges
Bone Restore with Vitamin K2
Iron Protein Plus
Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D
Potassium with Extend-Release Magnesium