240 mg, 60 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 01208
Benefits at a Glance
- Potent antioxidant that achieves healthy plasma levels already within normal range
- Helps protect against oxidative stress
- Supports healthy mitochondrial function
- Preserves youthful cellular energy
Potent Antioxidant that Achieves Peak Plasma Levels
This unique sodium-R-lipoate can help you reach peak plasma concentrations within just 10–20 minutes of supplementation. Super R-Lipoic Acid provides more of the active "R" form of lipoic acid than any other supplement.
“R” Lipoic Acid is Biologically Active
The human body normally produces and uses the "R" form of lipoic acid. This active form, R-lipoic acid, significantly supports healthy inflammatory response, is a potent free radical scavenger, and has been shown to be more potent than the combined "R" and "S" forms that ordinarily comprise alpha-lipoic acid supplements.1-11
Unique Sodium-R-Lipoate is the “Next-Generation” Antioxidant
But a breakthrough process converts the biologically active "R" form of lipoic acid to sodium-R-lipoate, which, in a recent human study achieved higher peak blood levels than pure R-lipoic acid.12
Not only does this newer lipoic acid formulation reach higher peak blood levels,13 it also achieves them sooner, ensuring rapid uptake from the plasma into the tissues.12 A study showed that oral ingestion of Super R-Lipoic Acid, after converting to sodium-R-lipoate, reached peak plasma concentrations within just 10–20 minutes of supplementation.13
Enhanced Antioxidant Activity through Stability and High Potency
Unlike other forms of lipoic acid, Super R-Lipoic Acid is more stable in the body. The increased stability of this enhanced formulation is the reason for its greater absorption and bioavailability compared with R-lipoic acid.The superior antioxidant effects of R-lipoic acid are already well-known for supporting healthy mitochondrial function. Now, Super R-Lipoic Acid provides even more potent benefits for preserving youthful cellular energy levels.
Supplement FactsServing Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving|
|Bio-Enhanced® Stabilized Na-RALA sodium R-lipoate (providing 240 mg of R-Lipoic acid)||300 mg|
|Other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), stearic acid.|
Bio-Enhanced® is a registered trademark of GeroNova Research, Inc.
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) to two (2) capsules daily as tolerated, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Take capsules at the same time, preferably on an empty stomach.
Suitable for vegetarians.
If you are taking glucose lowering medication, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Pharmacol Res. 2011 Jan;63(1):23-9.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010 Aug;1203:151-9.
- Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2006 Mar;118(3-4):100-7.
- Free Radic Res. 2004 Oct;38(10):1083-92.
- Nutrition. 2001 Oct;17(10):888-95.
- Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2008 Oct-Nov;60(13-14):1463-70.
- Arch Pharm (Weinheim). 2010 Mar;343(3):133-42.
- Metabolism. 2008 Oct;57(10):1465-72.
- Brain Res. 2000 Feb 14;855(2):292-7.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002 Apr;959:491-507.
- Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012 Mar 1;302(5):R587-97.
- Carlson DA, et al. Lipoic Acid: Energy Production, Antioxidant Activity and Health Effects. Taylor & Francis Publishers; 2008:235-70.
- Altern Med Rev. 2007 Dec;12(4):343-51.