Category: Nervous system and neurotransmitters
Manufacturer: Life Extension
Essential amino acid that can help with mood
- Restores dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine (adrenaline) - hormones that are depleted by stress and overwork
- Enhances mental energy levels
In stock Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 19 loyalty points. Your cart will total 19 points that can be converted into a voucher of 0,95 €.
|2||18,84 €||Up to 1,57 €|
|4||18,45 €||Up to 4,71 €|
500 mg, 100 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 01671
Cells in the adrenal medulla synthesize and secrete norepinephrine and epinephrine. Since both norepinephrine and epinephrine can cause smooth muscle (arterial) contraction, care with blood pressure should be taken when supplementing with L-phenylalanine.
D,L-phenylalanine is a 50/50 mixture of its two stereoisomers.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving|
|Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate.|
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule daily on an empty stomach in the morning, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. Best utilized if taken with the co-factors vitamins B6 and C.
May cause anxiety, high blood pressure, and headache. Do not use if you have phenylketonuria. Do not use phenylalanine or tyrosine if you have cancer or muscular dystrophy. Because phenylalanine can elevate blood pressure in hypertensives, consult your healthcare practitioner if you have hypertension. Insomnia may occur from overstimulation if taken too close to bedtime.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2001 May;26(3):247-51.
- Acta Paediatr Suppl. 1994 Dec;407:86-8.
- Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2001 Dec;33(12):2104-10.
- Brain Res Bull. 1999 Jan 15;48(2):203-9.
- Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1976 Jul;5(1):47-53.
- Clin Neuropharmacol. 2000 Jul-Aug;23(4):212-5.
- Aviat Space Environ Med. 1992 May;63(5):364-9.