1000 mg, 90 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 01827
Taurine is one of the most abundant intracellular amino acids in the human body. Produced from the conditionally essential amino acid L-cysteine, researchers have described it as “one of the most essential substances in the body.” Taurine is found particularly in the excitable tissues of the central nervous system, where researchers believe it has a regulating influence. Studies suggest that taurine has a cardiovascular and neuroprotective role, and can help maintain cardiac health in certain aging people. Dietary taurine can also help support healthy liver function. And since taurine is deficient in many diets, why not be proactive and try it today!
Benefits at a Glance
- One of the most abundant amino acids in the body
- Called one of the most essential substances in the human body
- Thought to help regulate central nervous system
- Shows cardiovascular and neuroprotective properties
- Promotes system-wide health
Taurine has been extensively studied, with widespread benefits.1,2 Unfortunately, production markedly declines as we age.3-5 According to published clinical trials, taurine has been shown to support:
- Insulin sensitivity and glucose utilization.6,7
- Proper utilization of minerals including calcium.1
- Healthy eyes.1,8,9
- Central nervous system regulation.2
- Cell membrane stability and water balance (osmoregulation).2,10,11
- Bile salt formation.1,10
- Cognitive function and neuron integrity.2,10,12
- Liver function.13
- Heart health.11,14-16
One capsule taken one to three times daily on an empty stomach, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner, can support optimal cardiovascular health. Take action to protect your health and add low-cost taurine to your supplement regimen today.
Supplement FactsServing Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving|
|Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, vegetable stearate.|
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule one to three times daily on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Mol Vis. 2012;18:2673-86.
- J Biomed Sci. 2010 Aug 24;17 Suppl 1:S1.
- J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1998 Sep;286(3):1183-90.
- Brain Res Bull. 1999 Feb;48(3):319-24.
- Arch Latinoam Nutr. 1991 Jun;41(2):139-51.
- Exp Mol Med. 2012 Nov 30;44(11):665-73.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Jan;71(1):54-8.
- Amino Acids. 2012 Nov;43(5):1979-93.
- Nutr Neurosci. 2002 Apr;5(2):75-90.
- Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2006 Nov;9(6):728-33.
- Ann Pharm Fr. 2003 Nov;61(6):385-91.
- Adv Exp Med Biol. 2009;643:199-206.
- Amino Acids. 2008 Aug;35(2):469-73.
- Amino Acids. 2014 Jan;46(1):73-80.
- Exp Clin Cardiol. 2008 Summer;13(2):57-65.
- J Biomed Sci. 2010 Aug 24;17 Suppl 1:S6.