Methylcobalamin 5 mg
Category: Vitamin B
Manufacturer: Life Extension
The neurologically active form of vitamin B12
- Vitamin B12 serum concentrations are reported to be significantly lower in elderly population
- Vegetarians are more susceptible to a dietary deficiency of this important nutrient
- Methylcobalamin is the form of vitamin B12 active in the central nervous system
Waiting for delivery Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 30 loyalty points. Your cart will total 30 points that can be converted into a voucher of 1,50 €.
|2||28,80 €||Up to 2,40 €|
|4||28,20 €||Up to 7,20 €|
5 mg, 60 vegetarian lozenges
Item Catalog Number: 01537
Methylcobalamin is the form of vitamin B12 active in the central nervous system. It is essential for cell growth and replication.8 In some people the liver may not convert cyanocobalamin, the common supplemental form of vitamin B12, into adequate amounts of methylcobalamin needed for proper neuronal functioning.9 Methylcobalamin may exert its neuroprotective effects through enhanced methylation, acceleration of nerve cell growth, or its ability to maintain already healthy homocysteine levels.10,11
Serving Size 1 vegetarian lozenge
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||5 mg|
|Other ingredients: xylitol, sorbitol, maltodextrin, stearic acid, vegetable stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, natural vanilla flavor, rice starch, modified food starch.|
Dosage and Use
Dissolve in mouth or chew one (1) lozenge 1 to 8 times daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2007 Nov;232(10):1266-74.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2009 Feb;89(2):693S-6S
- Prev Med. 2004 Dec;39(6):1256-66.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 1999;70:904-910.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Aug;88(2):348-55.
- JAMA. 1997 Aug 27;278(8):659-62.
- J Am Geriatr Soc. 1986 Nov;34(11):800-6.
- Br J Haematol. 2010 Jan;148(2):195-204.
- Baillieres Clin Haematol. 1995 Sep;8(3):567-601.
- Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2010 Mar;28(165):236-8.
- Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010 May;64(5):495-502.
Reviews (not verified)
Customers who bought this product also bought:
14 other products in the same category:
Liposomal Methyl B-Complex
BioActive Complete B-Complex
Vitamin B3 Niacin
No Flush Niacin
Methylcobalamin 1 mg
BioActive Folate & Vitamin B12
Optimized Folate (L-Methylfolate) 1,700 mcg DFE
High Potency Optimized Folate (L-Methylfolate)
Once-Daily Health Booster