Low-Dose Vitamin K2 (MK-7)
Category: Vitamin K
Manufacturer: Life Extension
Helps maintain bone density
- Plays a critical role in maintaining healthy bone density
- Is required by calcium-regulating proteins in the arteries
- The menaquinone-7 form of vitamin K2 is not metabolized quickly by the liver
In stock Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 19 loyalty points. Your cart will total 19 points that can be converted into a voucher of 0,95 €.
|2||18,76 €||Up to 1,56 €|
|4||18,36 €||Up to 4,69 €|
Low-Dose Vitamin K2
45 mcg, 90 softgels
Item Catalog Number: 01936
Vitamin K2 (menaquinones) is found in meat, eggs, and dairy products and is also made by bacteria in the human gut, which provides a certain amount of the human vitamin K requirement.20 Human studies show that vitamin K2 is up to ten times more bioavailable than K1. Vitamin K2 remains biologically active in the body far longer than K1. For instance, K1 is rapidly cleared by the liver within eight hours, whereas measurable levels of K2 (MK-7) have been detected 72 hours after ingestion.5
The Rotterdam Heart Study, a large-scale, well-controlled clinical trial that tracked 4,800 participants for seven years, revealed that participants who ingested the greatest quantities of vitamin K2 in their diet experienced a better cardiovascular condition than people who ingested the least.13 High intakes of vitamin K2 also corresponded to less calcium deposition in the aorta, whereas participants who ingested less K2 were more likely to show moderate or severe calcification. Animal studies suggest vitamin K intake not only blocks the progress of further calcium accumulation, but also induces 37% regression of preformed arterial calcification.14,15
Low-Dose Vitamin K2 contains the menaquinone-7 form of vitamin K2, which is not metabolized quickly by the liver, thereby making it available to provide a more consistent supply of vitamin K to the body.
Serving Size 1 softgel
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin K2 (as all-trans menaquinone-7)||45 mcg|
|Other ingredients: medium chain triglycerides, gelatin, glycerin, purified water, carob color.|
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) softgel daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- J Bone Miner Metab. 2001;19(3):146-9.
- Osteoporos Int. 2007 Jul;18(7):963-72.
- J Bone Miner Res. 2007 Apr;22(4):509-19.
- Br J Nutr. 2009 Oct;102(8):1171-8.
- Blood. 2007 Apr 15;109(8):3279-83.
- Atherosclerosis. 2012 Dec;225(2):397-402.
- Adv Nutr. 2012 Mar 1;3(2):166-73.
- Thromb Haemost. 2008 Oct;100(4):593-603.
- Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008 Sep;3(5):1504-10.
- Vitam Horm. 2008;78:393-416.
- Curr Drug Saf. 2006 Jan;1(1):87-97.
- Clin Calcium. 2007 Nov;17(11):1663-72.
- J Nutr. 2004 Nov;134(11):3100-5.
- Blood. 2007 Apr 1;109(7):2823-31.
- J Vasc Res. 2003 Nov-Dec;40(6):531-7.